New Scrambler On Order - Looking for Input - BMW Scrambler Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Higginsr1

post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

New Scrambler On Order - Looking for Input

I made the leap and put my money down on the new Scrambler ... now I'm looking for input/recommendations regarding engine protection bars and windscreens.

So far it looks like the SW-Motech, Wunderlich, and Hepco and Becker bars are the only options available for engine guards. I have a set of Altrider stainless steel bars on my GS. I really like the idea that I don't have to worry about paint/rust over time. Unfortunately, they don't appear to make anything for the R-Nine-T....

I'm also looking for a moderate size windscreen that won't detract too much from the overall look of the bike. Let's just say that after riding for over 40 years, the fun has gone out of picking bugs out of my teeth ... I've really liked MRA windscreens on previous bikes and they make several universal models that look like they'd work well on the Scrambler. The three I'm looking at are: Highway Shield, Custom Shield, and the V-Flow C Vario Touring Screen. They are all 18-19" from approximately the top of the headlight and can be mounted either to the bars or the bar mounts (depending on which kit you use). The Vario and Highway windscreens are painted black at the bottom so they hide the back of the instruments, which I think is an improvement. There are pictures of these shields mounted on the R1200R out on the interwebs so you can sort of get an idea of how they might look on the Scrambler. Based on previous experience, the Vario style (with the separate adjustable adjustable spoiler) really improves airflow/reduces turbulence. Has anyone installed one of these on a Scrambler or have recommendations on one of the Puig or Givi options?
post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2016, 03:52 PM

Garage
The ones from Wunderlich fitted really well. I wanted some stainless also, like touratech.... next time perhaps.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-18-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Wunderlich now shows crash bars available in stainless for the R-Nine-T. I'm checking to see if they also fit the Scrambler (seems likely).
sir.tooby likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 12-21-2016, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

I received replies from both Wunderlich and Altrider. Altrider said they had a set in development and there would be an announcement in early January. Wunderlich said there were frame differences between the original R-Nine-T and the Scrambler. They said the black and silver versions for the Scrambler would be available on January 10th. The stainless versions would be available a couple of weeks later.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page